Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I watched Michael Jackson's Memorial Service in the wee hours of the morning, which was shown live here in the Philippines via GMA 7, the event was heartwarming and heart-wrenching at the same time, I was crying the whole while, I have swollen and puffy eyes up to now (just to make my point *grins*). Who didn't watched it anyway, I think the whole world stopped within those hours with the intent of saying goodbye to everyone's idol, the King of Pop - Michael Joseph Jackson.

Everyone's speeches, messages and performances were lovely and heartfelt but Jermaine Jackson's rendition of his brother's favorite song Smile was my favorite part, "Smile though your heart is aching..."

While Paris' (Jackson's only daughter) message of love to his pop was indeed the most touching in the event, I just can't help but cry more, my heart reaches out to the kid and her brothers, "I just wanna say that ever since I was born daddy has been the best father you could have imagine... and I just want to say that I love him... so much!" Loosing ones father is never easy but I think it is doubly hard for MJ's kids, as the battle for their custody and trust funds has just began.

Something that Reverend Al Sharpton said got stuck in my head - "Nothing will feel your (family, relatives) heart's lost but I hope the love that people show will let you know he didn't live in vain. I want his three children to know that there was nothing strange about your daddy, it was strange what your daddy has to deal with.."

Rest in peace MJ, you will surely be miss but your music and legacy will live on...

1 comments:

Ebie said...

Hi Maggie, we went to Hollywood Walk of Fame. Did you read my post?

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love, I appreciate it much!

Sponsors

Blog Finds

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 25 October 2009.

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

Whimzy Widgets

Check Google Page Rank
 

The Snoring Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates