Monday, January 31, 2011
I smile.. doesn't mean that I don't hurt...
I laugh... doesn't mean that I don't cry..
I pretend that every thing is okay... doesn't mean that I have forgotten every thing that has happened...
I sleep soundly at night... doesn't mean that I don't have demons haunting me...
I walk with my head held high... doesn't mean that I am not broken inside...
I sing and dance... doesn't mean that I don't feel like hiding away by myself in sorrow...
I drink my wine and be merry... doesn't mean that I don't try to numb the pain I feel in me...
I walk away from everything... doesn't mean that I don't want to hold it within me...
I seem like I can love again... doesn't mean that my heart is whole again once more...
I reach out with my arms wide open... doesn't mean that I will receive as much as I have given...
Just because I want you to be happy... doesn't mean that I am happy...
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT? i fell down hard once while learning how to ride a bike :)
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM? used to be posters of my celebrity crushes, now, cartoons stickers, my son made my wall a sticker wall, lol.
3. DO YOU SNORE, GRIND YOUR TEETH, OR TALK IN YOUR SLEEP? i think i do, sometimes...
4. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO? depends on my mood, but i basically am an R&B, pop and love song kind of girl.
5. WHAT TIME WERE YOU BORN? i'm not sure exactly when, but it's in the morning of Oct.13th
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW? financial freedom
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS? bonding with friends, having a good time
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION(S)? my son!
9. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5 flat :(
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC? sometimes
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK? sometimes
12. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY? hubby
13. WHAT'S YOUR WORST FEAR? death
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON PEOPLE YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? no preference
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF PROPOSING? uh, next question...
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK? coffee
17. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? cheese
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE? ice cream cake :D
19. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME? yellow & pink
20. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH? nope and i don't plan to
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED? a watch, from an uncle
22. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? yes!
23. ARE YOU DOUBLE JOINTED? i have no idea
24. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND? giordano
25. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE/MALE CELEBRITY? julia roberts, keanu reeves
26. DO YOU HAVE A PET RIGHT NOW? nope
27. WHAT KIND IS IT? not applicable
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING? i seriously don't know!
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED? 13
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES? any or both
32. FAVORITE QUOTE? none
33. FAVORITE PLACE? our home *grins*
34. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF YOUR HOME COUNTRY? yup, twice!
35. WEAKNESSES? too many to mention, lol
37. FIRST JOB? editorial assistant
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? yup
39. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? maybe
40. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU DID STEALING? uh, eating breakfast
41. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? is CS considered as such?
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? uh, i'll get back at you, let me think first, lol
43. HAVE YOU EVER HAD BRACES? nope
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? freedom from it all, yes i mean it profoundly :)
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT AND WHAT DO YOU WANT THEIR NAMES TO BE? (OR IF YOU HAVE KIDS, TELL US ABOUT THEM.) i want two, i already have a boy now, he's 7 and he's name is aian emyr keone, i want to have a girl next and i'll name her anya gaea maeve :)
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? a flower *grins*
47. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST TURN OFF OF THE SEX(ES) YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? stupidity, lol
48. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU LIKED ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL? less responsibility, carefree days
49. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE? clear
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? yes
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? any kind will do :)
52. ANY BAD HABITS? laziness? hahaha...
53. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON? a little
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? yeah!
55. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS? nope
56. DO LOOKS MATTER? yes
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? i vent, i write, i cry, i keep it inside so i can be stronger :)
58. WOULD YOU RATHER GAIN 58 POUNDS OR LOSE 58 POUNDS? loose, definitely!
59. WHAT'S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE? to be free...
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? no idea
61. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE? lots
62. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID? i don't think so...
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM? as often as i say hey, lol
64. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? mac and cheese or potato mashy
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A LOVER? uhm... *thinking*
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES? snob, hahaha...
67. FAVORITE SUPER POWER? mind control
Friday, January 28, 2011
When 2011 begun, I think, the whole country was one in thinking that the new year might/can bring a better life and a brighter future for everyone. I guess, it is one the most-loved trait of Pinoys, seeing the positive in every little thing, but then again, maybe life ain't a bed of roses as we would love to think, maybe it's not just the thorns on the stems that we have to face and get over with, maybe there are cactus and, even, pitcher plants under that bed of roses.
The year started with grand fireworks, loud noises and scrumptious feasts, people in all walks of life had a blast, in whichever way they did celebrate the end of 2010 and the beginning of the present year. And then, a few weeks after that, there were price hikes, fare hikes and other kinds of hikes, I guess, after that a few positive bubbles popped. Aside from that, natural calamities already struck some of our countrymen just a few days after the change of year, to top it of, some of those were just continuations of the havoc that was in 2010. And now, a few days before the month ends, one bad occurrence after the other - the killings of car-napped victims, the bus bombing and now the gondola accident, it's just one too many. I guess now, more than a number of positive bubbles had already burst, it could even be comparable to mini explosions, with all that is happening.
I just wish and pray that the coming month will give us something better, it's the month of love, so maybe something lovable will come our way. Let's keep our fingers cross and keep on saying our little prayer, He will listen and provide.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
As usual, I am late *grins*, I just found out that Google updated page rankings and fortunately, I retain my PR on both blogs, yippee! Though A Taste of Both Worlds have been inactive for almost a year now, its PR3 was not touch, can you like sense my happiness here, hahaha. Then, comes this blog which I had left in shambles and just recently picked up again, well, I didn't experience an increase in PR but this baby retains its position, it still has a PR2 under its belt, and with my drastic on and off change in blogging, a consistency in my PR is a great feat, indeed. So late as it may, I just wanna say thank you to everyone who sticks with me through it all and to Google for letting my pagerank stays, may you continue to bestow good deeds *grins*. I'm so happy, I think I'll twirl...
Another feat from yours truly, I dropped on 300 entrecards today, on both blogs, after a century of not dropping and the fewer than few times that I did randomly, I was finally able to join the bandwagon yet again, I dropped like crazy today and I wish I could do so on the coming days, if not, it's no biggie, I always know what I lack and dedication it is *lol*. Me, doing what I did, means two things - first, our internet connection is not as bad as it used to be, well, it's now working on its normal speed; and second, Google Chrome works much, much better than Mozilla Firefox, I've been a loyal user of FF but like everyone and everything else, I have my limit, well today marks my transition, from FF to Chrome. I was actually willing to settle because that browser and I go way before but I just can't anymore, specially now that I see and experience the difference. Yeah, yeah, I'm a drama queen *grins*.
Labels: Blogging Particulars
Sunday, January 23, 2011
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of TABASCO® Original Red. All opinions are 100% mine.
Some of the bloggers and online acquaintances that I know, I met through my food and travel blog, yeah, I was a foodie before I succumb into chronicling my not-so-exciting life, but as life had me in a series of twists and turns, I ended up neglecting my first blog and up to now, I'm still not sure if reviving it is a good idea. Anyway, I just thought, I'll let those who are not familiar with that fact be in the know.
Those who knew me and read through my adventures and misadventures in the culinary and dining world, would know to heart that the most written about food in my blog is, none other than, pizza. I am a mother of a litte boy who lives to eat pizza, he's been at it since he discovered that a yummy thing like it existed. We used to eat out a lot, without a care about the calories we will pack and the dent it would cause to our wallet, and then, I begun my journey to withdrawal in society and deliveries and take-outs became the only plausible way to eat fast food. And though, I am not proud of what I had done in the past months, one good thing came out of it though, we discover TABASCO® Original Red. More than just your usual hot sauce, like the ones serve in various pizza chains, TABASCO® Original Red unlocks and enhances the flavor of the food, pizza in this case, making it more delish and drool-worthy. It doesn't just work with pizza though, it is an all-around sauce that works wonders with everything, and I mean everything.
If you're like me, and you stuff yourself with food while watching television, I suggest you try checking out their Game-Day Party Menu, I bet it'll be a lot more fun and festive. If you are a pizza-enthusiast, Pizza Perfected is a must for you, it'll be like heaven on earth, eating something aptly familiar but undoubtedly different. Go and give it a try.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Yep, you read the title right, the fangirl is back - I am back *lol*! I lagged behind for a while, with all the crap life has given me, my fangirling had to take a backseat, I may not be able to do the full throttle for a long while but once a fangirl always a fangirl *grins*. So, I'll settle with some fangirling crumbs and be happy with it, and I know soon I'll be rewarded, hahaha, I sound like a cult-follower. Anyway, here's a vid of my girl crush...
And no to haters!!!
Labels: Favorite Pastimes
Friday, January 21, 2011
I'm back... with a bunch of random at hand, hahaha!
Oh yeah, I've done this random post a few entries back, and though I did that as a sort of pun con sarcasm parade, it actually backfired because I can now totally understand the purpose of those random postings that I had more than my fair share of encounters in numerous blogs. I've always thought that random postings existed to be a filler, you know, bloggers like full-pledged writers suffer mental drought too, and when you blog for money, writing a piece everyday is a must, thus random posts came to life. But now that I've sort of experience writing one, I finally realized that doing that and releasing those random thoughts dancing and popping out of my mind is such a stress-buster, hahaha. So, in an effort to de-stress, I'm gonna be doing this random post a week, starting now. Woohoo!
- Baron Geisler attacked again? Hahaha, don't you think that the news concerning this fellow is getting redundant? The kid, obviously has a problem with alcohol and its after effects, one effective solution, rehab! Sayang naman ang bata, I remember watching him in Tabing Ilog when I was like 'young' and he's good, he made me laugh a bunch together with Paulo Contis, so for his sake and the sake of those girls, women and ladies who were, are and will be around his circle, go do that Alcoholic Anonymous thing. You can do it!
- On the topic of attack, what has our world come to, three consecutive instances of inhumane killings in connection with car-napping (or not) took place in less than a week's time. Ganun na ba kawalang-halaga ang buhay? Nakakaloka...
- Aw, another crime that sort of seals the theory that we are just evolved species of other animals and in some way or another we tend to act like the animals that we are - a 6-year old girl was raped and murdered by their neighbor, which is a grown man (a debate can be held about this though), unstable and all, still, he's like of legal age and he should know better and be better. I don't know what's worst, him committing the crime or him claiming what he did, he knew it all along, he's not under the influence of of anything or anyone, he did it on his own, with his functioning mind, his sick, sick mind *sigh*.
- How about the joke or not, that the killings and car-nappings are all part of a grand scheme for a government destabilization. Seriously??? The best one I heard so far is that, the series of events were just a market test of sorts as their ultimate target is really P.Noy and his Porsche. Gawd...
- So all that zodiac sign hullabaloo was just a passing phase eh, I think those astrologers just wanted some attention and they did receive a lot, hahaha. If they had stated that the new one is applicable only to those babies born this year, all the ruckus would have been prevented. Oh well, moving on...
- And why is Facebook full of those 50%-off coupons you can buy and use later, and most of it are food-related, and it just happens to show every time I log in, when I am on a diet and all I can think about is food. Can a girl get some help here?
- Why is my laziness full to brim and overflowing but it's still full and not decreasing a bit, hahaha, that's the random-est...
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Breathe in, breathe out... it's examination week once again and the stress is oh so high. Like most parents, I am very proud of my son's achievements, heck, I am even proud of all the crazies that he had done. That being said, you wouldn't mind me blabbing about how smart and talented my son is, right? Haha, don't worry, I'm not about to do that.
My son is currently studying his first level in elementary school at a public but Ayala-funded advance school in the city of Manila. We don't spend a penny in tuition fees and books, but like other public schools there are tickets and required donations here and there. Food and transportation allowance is provided as well as after school/summer workshops and seminars. They do the normal 7:30 to 3:30 grind, they have 14 notebooks, 5 portfolios, 32 books and a whole bunch of different school supplies and other thingamajigs. The teachers are all experienced with masteral and doctoral degrees, others were even schooled and trained in other countries, sponsored by the Ayala group, of course; my son have one who trained in France, pretty cool eh? It's a good school, I am sure that it is at par with most of the well-known private schools in the region, but going there is not a walk in the park. It is a school where knowledge, discipline and competitiveness is incurred, a place where only the best can survive, a place where only the smart and talented matters. As of today, I heard that already four students, in my son's class alone were given their exit forms, meaning they are not eligible to study in that school come June, and to think that the third quarter isn't even through, it's survival of the fittest, I'm telling you.
Now that you've read that, you think just because my son was accepted and is still there that he is a good student and all that? Na-ah, he is smart, I'll give you that, he kind of remember stuff more easily than the rest of the world but he's far from being an exemplary student. I had mention in the beginning of this post that it is examination week and you know what I found out, my son jotted down only a quarter of the notes that he was supposed to write, it was actually funny because I am not much of notes-kind of student, either, but as I am the one being burdened with what he had and had not done, I can't seem to find the humor. So, how can a person do some much needed review if he doesn't have anything to review? Well, I don't have any answer to that, but my son seems confident enough, so I'll let him work on that, it's his life afterall.
If you're a mommy like me, don't you just wish that every end of quarter have a corresponding mini-breaks, I know I do. I would love to go away and have some canal holiday to drown all the troubles and will away all the stress. If only life is that grand...
I was minding my own business, hopping from one blog to the next, hoping to feel full by looking at those food pics posted on numerous food blogs that I stalk to the nine when an article in Yahoo Philippines caught my attention, it wasn't the article per se but the photos in it.
I may not be an enthusiast of the Philippine show business but I'm not that clueless about it, so Oyo Boy Sotto and Kristine Hermosa's wedding last January 12 in Batangas didn't escape my eye, but as I've said, I am not a fan so I couldn't care less but lo and behold, seeing the couple's pre-wedding/engagement photos made me think of KILLER BABIES! I mean, look at them, they are both beautiful (in their own gender-kind of way), so, I am betting that their gonna produce rockstar babies... oooh, I can't wait. If it is true that Kristine is already pregnant, I am so happy for them and for the world, I mean come on, gorgeous people need to reproduce more than the regular and the not-so-blessed ones, hahaha, I know it sounds mean, but I'm simply stating what I think.
Killer babies, for the win!
So, if you sort of, kind of, in a way, frequents this blog, I am pretty sure that you are aware that I am, helplessly and hopelessly, trying to loose some weight and those other extra baggages *lol*. I was having a crazy time chatting with a friend a few nights ago and I kept on telling her that I am hungry but as it was already midnight and I am trying to be strict with my diet as I am the goddess of procrastination in the world of exercise, so I can't eat anything; and I guess, she grew tired of my non-stop blabbering and decided on shutting me up with this (read below), not that it worked, hahaha.
by: Karen Ansel, M.S., R.D.
A foolproof plan to keep hunger from gnawing away at your weight-loss goals.
You’re driving along on your way to work, to the gym, or to pick up the kids and—bam—it hits you—that overwhelming gnawing hunger. The next thing you know, you’re pulling into a drive through and ordering up a storm.
Isn’t it fascinating (and frustrating) how the “I have to eat now!” feeling can hit even if you’ve been making good nutrition a top priority? Experts are discovering that when you eat, what your food tastes like, and even how much you drink can have a major impact on how often hunger pangs strike.
We asked leading nutritionists to share with us the five most common reasons you’re frequently famished, as well as their top tips for maximizing satisfaction and keeping hunger at bay.
1. You eat the right foods at the wrong times.
Eating at different times every day can make it difficult for you to tune in to your body’s hunger signals, says Cindy Moore, MS, RD, director of Nutrition Therapy at the Cleveland Clinic. Haphazard eating can hurt your metabolism as well. When British researchers asked women to eat meals at either the same time or at different times each day, those who followed a predictable pattern ate less and burned more calories than those who ate at a different time every day.
The Fix: Plan ahead.
If you’ve been journaling, review your food diary to zero in on when you’re most likely to fall prey to eating at erratic times. (If you haven’t been keeping a food diary, try doing so for a few days.) Then, says Moore, write out a schedule that focuses on eating within 2 hours of waking up and every 3 to 5 hours after that for the rest of the day. If you tend to lose track of time, set your watch or digital organizer to beep when you should eat.
2. You eat breakfast, just not the right kind.
Although any breakfast is better than none, the foods you choose can have a major impact on how satisfied you feel for the rest of the day. Take that convenient cereal bar: It might appear to be a healthy choice when you don’t have time for a sit-down meal, but its mega-dose of simple sugars may have you rummaging through the fridge well before lunch.
The Fix: Build a better mix of nutrients.
The key to making your breakfast hold your appetite at bay until lunch is building a morning meal that contains both protein and carbs. “It’s important to combine some protein along with some complex carbohydrates to provide sustained energy throughout the morning,” says Bonnie Taub-Dix, MA, RD, a Long Island–based dietitian in private practice. Opt for no-fuss choices like a slice of cheese on whole-wheat bread, egg whites on toast, whole-grain cereal with low-fat milk, even half a turkey sandwich .
3. Your diet is flawless but flavorless.
If ho-hum, diet-conscious standbys like grilled chicken and steamed veggies are staples on your dinner plate, you could be headed for trouble. “You’re going to get bored and eventually have difficulty sticking with your weight-loss plan,” says Lona Sandon, MEd, RD, assistant professor of clinical nutrition at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.
The Fix: Spice it up.
4. You stockpile your calories.
Do you often eat so sparingly during the day that by the time dinner rolls around you’re famished? That strategy can backfire, leading to uncontrollable overeating in the evening. “When you skip meals it’s harder to think straight, so you’re less concerned with the implications of what you eat,” says Taub-Dix.
The Fix: Frontload those calories.
Eating earlier in the day is a must to head off disaster later on. Limit the size of your evening meal so that you wake up eager for breakfast. Even if you’re not hungry, be sure to eat something—even a small bite. “Treat yourself the way you’d treat your kids—you wouldn’t let them skip meals,” says Taub-Dix.
5. You drink your meals.
With the ever-increasing popularity of lattes for breakfast and smoothies for lunch, many of us are drinking our calories away. But drinking too many caloric beverages can ultimately leave you feeling unsatisfied. When researchers at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, gave study participants 450 extra calories daily in the form of either fluid or solid food, those who ate the extra solids ate less later in the day whereas those who drank the extra fluids did not. The reasoning: Chewing causes the release of hormones that signal fullness, and solid food is digested more slowly than liquids.
The Fix: Rethink convenience.
Slurping down a meal might seem fast and easy, but in the time it takes to drive to the coffee shop, stand on line, and pay for that latte, you could have had something just as quick—and far more satisfying. “Try a slice of toast with peanut butter or a cup of yogurt with some fruit,” says Lona Sandon. If it’s the comfort of a hot drink you crave, go ahead and have that latte—just order it with fat-free milk. And instead of sipping it solo, enjoy it with a few whole-grain crackers or a banana. In other words, focus on food combinations that will get you through to your next meal—no starving required.
So yeah, can you say that again? Hahaha...
1. What is your favorite Green food? - Green Mangoes, Lettuce
2. What is your most hated green food? - nothing really, I may not be fond of some veggies but I don't hate them
3. What is green that grosses you out? - green-minded creeps
4. What is green that you love? - ssangchu couple, ssangchu is lettuce in Korean :)
5. What is green that you never want to see again? - the green elf boots that my mom forced me to wear when I was like in grade 6, it was so embarrassing *grins*
6. Have you ever seen a green person? - not physically, does green-minded ones count?
7. Have you ever been green? - aaah, not literally but I have bouts of green mindedness and bouts of enviousness (green is the color of envy and jealousy, right?)
8. Do you try to be green? - I'm trying to go green, you know, protect the environment hullabaloo :)
9. What is the best green thing in the world? - pistachio ice cream
10. What green thing should we avoid? - no idea!
My first time to join Monday Mayhem and I'm already seeing green, teehee.
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boudreaux's Butt Paste. All opinions are 100% mine.
My sister-in-law will be giving birth, technically, she will undergo a Cesarean section, any day now and though I am not the mother-to-be, I am more than excited to take part in the preparations. My son is already seven years old, so the feeling of carrying a teeny weeny bundle of joy in my arms has sort of faded away, of course the memories will always remain, but I really, really wanna have an experience like that again - waking up in the middle of the night to feed the baby, an hourly event of changing diapers, lack of sleep because all I wanna do is stare at my son, smiling and crying at the same time due to fatigue and mommy jitters, every little thing. Though, I plan to have another kid, and I want a girl this time, I don't think I am ready yet, if only wanting a baby equates to me being worthy and responsible in having one, I would pop one out this instant, see even my train of thoughts is impossible. So yeah, as of the moment, I am just so happy to play the part of a dedicated sister and a doting aunt.
Aside from the prenatal checkups, tests and ultrasounds, healthy diet, peaceful lifestyle and altogether clean living, being knowledgeable and informed on the developments on baby care is a necessity for a mom-to-be. From breastfeeding to infant formula to pre-solid foods in the market, from onesies and mittens to those dainty baby clothes, from the perfect diaper to avoiding and diaper rash, and to everything else. I am a mother and I've been through the joys and horrors of rearing an infant, and I swear preparations and wise decisions are the key.
Lucky for the new moms out there, a short of amazing product called Boudreaux's Butt Paste can answer all that diaper rash problems, I remember when my son suffered with all those itchy and cry-inducing red blotches on his butt, men that was horrible, I tried petroleum jelly but it can only help to some degree and the ointment that was next prescribed by our pediatrician cost more than his infant formula, not a good deal, I'm telling you. Bordreaux's Butt Paste was created by a pharmacist with strict directions from a respected pediatrician to treat and provide the best diaper rash care, it is developed to be use on any skin types without the hassle of allergies, it is made of 16% zinc oxide and Peruvian balsam and it does come with a pleasant smell, available in convenient sizes - 1-4oz in flip-top cap tubes and in 16oz jars.
I heard that it has been featured on various TV programs and if you'll hurry, you can even nab a sample at their website, the more reason to try it, right?
Sunday, January 16, 2011
1. What time did you get up this morning?
***** I slept in the morning, I am a nocturnal being, teehee!
2. How do you like your steak?
***** well done
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
***** Si Agimat at Si Enteng Kabisote
4. What is your favorite TV show?
***** none at the moment
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
6. What did you have for breakfast?
***** fried rice and sunny side up with helluva lots of freshly ground pepper
7. What is your favorite cuisine?
***** Filipino, of course!
8. What foods do you dislike?
***** a lot, fish is one good example though
9. Favorite Place to Eat?
***** McDonald's or KFC
10. Favorite dressing?
***** I have no preference whatsoever
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive?
***** I don't have a sense of direction so driving is a no-no!
12. What are your favorite clothes?
***** jeans and shirt
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
***** South Korea, KPop baby!
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
***** isn't that the same?
15. Where would you want to retire?
16. Favorite time of day?
***** night to midnight
17. Where were you born?
***** Manila, Philippines
18. What is your favorite sport to watch?
19. Who do you think will never call you again?
***** many to mention, hahaha
20. Person you expect to call you next?
***** no idea
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to Stealing?
***** no one in particular
22. Bird watcher?
***** nope, short attention span is one of my gifts, hahaha
23. Are you a morning person or a night person?
***** night person all the way
24. Do you have any pets?
***** yup, a dog
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
***** none that I know of at the moment
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
***** a doctor
27. What is your best childhood memory?
***** bonding with my uncles, mom and granny in our PJ's everytime a storm was wrecking havoc outside
28. Are you a cat or dog person?
***** dog, I'm positive!
29. Are you married?
30. Always wear your seat belt?
***** not really
31. Been in a car accident?
32. Any pet peeves?
***** a lot
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings?
34. Favorite Flower?
***** tulips, yellow roses
35. Favorite ice cream?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
***** haven't taken one
38. Who did you get your last email from?
***** social spark v2
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
***** I'm rehabilitating, so, none
40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
***** not yet
41. Like your job?
***** I'm an out-of-work bum
43. What was your favorite vacation?
***** an island getaway
44. Last person you went out to dinner with?
***** my brother
45. What are you listening to right now?
***** When I Die Young
46. What is your favorite color?
***** yellow, pink
47. How many tattoos do you have?
48. How many times have you tagged someone to do a meme?
***** five at the most
49. What time did you finish this meme?
50. Coffee Drinker?
***** hell yeah!
Yep, I'm trying to get back on my old ways, and stealing is one of them *grins*.
The title was made due to the writer's inability to think of something better *smirks*. Anyway, you want random, I'll give you random, hell yeah, this is one of those random-est post ever, no reason behind or around it, just take it as it is, RANDOM!
Oh yeah, this is a group, a bunch, a series of random stuff, what can I say, I think and live randomly *lol*.
And when I say random, I mean random, no holds bar, no practice, no before or after thoughts, it's just pure, unadulterated (or not), impromptu bits of thoughts that randomly plays and pops out of my energy-drained brain. Here goes...
- Who cares if P.Noy bought himself a Porsche, whether it is brand-new or not, as long as he didn't took the money he used from the Philippine 2011 (or the years after that) budget. Come on people, we're talking about someone who is an heir to the Cojuangco's and Aquino's even before he became the president, him having money to spend and splurge is like black clouds on a rainy day, to those who doesn't get the metaphor, it is a given.
- Why the hell does the mocha-flavored cupcakes of Lemon Square have raisins on it? I love mocha cakes and its family but I hate raisins, so why did they have to develop a product that combine them. Really, Lemon Square!
- I am a Libra and I will always be a Libra, why do people have to complicate uncomplicated things, come on, people like me don't need that. We are stressed out of our heads already just trying to run and live in this complicated world, we don't need more complications, so quit it and let the zodiac signs be. I can never be a Virgo, it's like telling me that my mom of thirty and more years is not actually my real mom, are you kidding me?
- Starbucks is going to have a new logo and it'll be out in March, in time for their 4oth anniversary, well, I am not an avid fan but as I kinda saw it on the net, I can't help dwelling on it. I like the present logo, why do you have to change something that is already good, I would totally understand if it's for the better, but, really, have you seen the new logo yet?
- The Facebook shutting down on March 15 hullabaloo, and more than a fair number of Pinoys and other users fall for it, like, how could you ever? Do you think Meralco or PLDT will just let go of their hold on the electric and telecommunications monopoly, I don't think so. Have you seen a miner run out of a goldmine without draining it first of its richness, you haven't right? Then how could you ever picture the founder, CEO and other officials of Facebook letting go? Tsk... tsk...
- In relation with the one above, hahaha, I wish bloggers will think more of their moral and social responsibility and not just aim to be the first one to post any news that can garner a lot of page views and hopefully ad clicks. As bloggers, we should know that what we write will be read by a number of people and not all of them we knew personally, we should learn to search for some facts first before we post anything so as not to create any weird vibes and deliver bad news and info. I'm not being righteous or anything, it just sucks to be labeled as a blogger when the person they are pointing to is someone unworthy to be called one. Imagine - "Ah blogger ka din, tulad nya *pointing to someone who thinks s/he's all that* - aaah, the horror.
- Oh yeah, I'm loving Dwarfina, it's so cute!
- Love has an expiration date, uh oh, this is not-so-random, I've always known this one *lol*.
Friday, January 14, 2011
This post is long overdue but we had already established my position as the queen of procrastination so I know that you expect nothing less of me, hahaha. I don't usually do the cliche New Year's resolution thingy because I've always have a short attention span thus resulting to my lack of dedication and perseverance plus patience is really not my virtue, so go figure, but for this year, I will take a plunge and try it.
I don't really have a lot, but because I messed up big time last year, the process of correcting my mistakes and finding solutions to all the problems that I have and had cause take first priority. I really, really wish to wrap it all up this year. I, also, hope to develop and be a better person this year, not that I am a bad person, I just need to be better for the sake of all the people that I love and care about, I won't list or give in details what I plan and aim to do, just know that it is what I hope to do. I wish to be a better mother, a better daughter, a better sister, a better friend, a better everything. Physically, I want to loose weight, a lot of extra weight and slim down, I don't intend to be sexy, I just want to shed off the super extra pounds and fit in my fave clothes again. Mentally, I hope to read more, I have this long list of fictions and literary works that I want to read but as books cost a fortune nowadays, I can only buy so much, so I need to think of a plan to solve that problem, right? Financially, I wanna be stable, I wanna earn money all on my own, I just need to focus and work hard.
One of my immediate and ultimate goal though is to clean up. Yeah, clean up my life and clean up my mess, literally. I need to de-clutter, store what needed to be stored and throw away what needed to be thrown away. Give to the less fortunate what I don't need but have and avoid to buy things that I don't need but want. I badly needed to clean my room, my son's room and playroom; arrange all my books and my son's books and CD's; put all our photos in a file or burn in a disc and work on the photo album and scrapbook I've been planning for years; and a whole lot more which I can't seem to remember as of this writing, teehee.
So yeah, the keyword for this year is clean up, both literally and figuratively. Wish me luck, a shower of pixie dust won't hurt, either.
My son has been back to school for just two weeks, you know after the holiday break and all, but it felt like months already and I am so waiting and wishing for another break, how can summer not come sooner *grins*. Being a mom entails a lot of work and though I love taking care of my son, mental and physical fatigue can't just be controlled.
Yeah, yeah, me being born lazy takes the biggest part in why I so want another long break but the me that dreams of far away land and the joy of wandering is also resonant. And did I mention that I am tired and weary and will be crazy soon?
If a fairy godmother will show herself to me at this very moment, I will ask, without any hesitation for some cheap weekend breaks in United Kingdom, that will totally sooth my tired body and I bet, I will have a blast running around the country where my ultimate crush hailed from, I'm talking about none other than David Beckham *grins*. See, I'm not even picky and demanding, I am a cost-friendly wisher, I'm low-maintainance like that.
If I can only conjure the stuff that I think of, life would be a beach (pun intended).
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Blogging to help a friend sell her property *smiles*, please help me pass the info to anyone you know who is/are interested in buying a piece of real estate. Thanks a bunch.
Below are some details and photos of the property, more photos can be seen on my friend's FB page, do take a peek if you're interested. Kindly leave her a message if you have any inquiries, you, can also drop me a note and I'll try to answer you the best I can, okie.
A parcel of land, LOT 5 BLOCK 2A, THE PINES subdivision at South Peak located at Brgy. San Antonio, San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines. Containing an area of 253 square meters.
THE PINES... A Breathtaking Discovery... just 10 mins away from Alabang.
The Pines Garden, The Pines Circle, The Pines Groove, The Pines Metrocourt Clubhouse, Swimming Pool, Basketball and Tennis Court, Barbeque Park.
24 Hour Security System, Secured Entrance Gate and Perimeter Fencing, Centralized Water Distribution System, Meralco Electric Lines, Phone Lines with Manila Area Codes
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
A friend from down under, not six feet under *grins*, e-mailed me this smile-inducing piece of work. It's too cute to just gather internet dust on my inbox so I decided on sharing it here, it's a light read and I guarantee that you'll break into a smile and more, so wait no more and read on.
1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she’d done many times before. After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, “But Grandma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!” I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye….
2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, ”Did you start at 1?”
3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair.. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice,
“Who was THAT?”
4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. ”We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods.”
The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, “I sure wish I’d gotten to know you sooner!”
5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, “Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?” I mentally polished my halo and I said, “No, how are we alike?” ”You’re both old,” he replied.
6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather’s word processor… She told him she was writing a story.
“What’s it about?” he asked.
“I don’t know,” she replied. “I can’t read.”
7. I didn’t know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, “Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these colors yourself!”
8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, “It’s no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights..”
9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, “I’m not sure.” ”Look in your underwear, Grandpa,” he advised ”Mine says I’m 4 to 6.”
10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, “Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today.” The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. “That’s interesting.” she said. ”How do you make babies?”
“It’s simple,” replied the girl. “You just change ‘y’ to ‘I and add ‘es’.”
11. Children’s Logic: “Give me a sentence about a public servant,” said a teacher The small boy wrote: ”The fireman came down the ladder pregnant.” The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. “Don’t you know what pregnant means?” she asked.
“Sure,” said the young boy confidently. ‘It means carrying a child.”
12. A grandmother was delivering her grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog’s duties.
“They use him to keep crowds back,” said one child.
“No,” said another. “He’s just for good luck.”
A third child brought the argument to a close.”They use the dogs,” she said firmly, “to find the fire hydrants.”
13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. ”Oh,” he said, “she lives at the airport, and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we’re done having her visit, we take her back to the airport.”
14. Grandma is the smartest woman on earth! She teaches me good good things, but I don’t get to see her enough to get as smart as her!
Kids say the strangest and sincerest things... agree?
A few posts ago, I had mentioned that I plan on being a better blogger this year and milk my blogs to make some extra moolah. I haven't resuscitate my food and travel blog yet, as I am still indefinite on the route to take, I am not sure if I can support the binging and traveling that blog needed, I'm kinda not as rich as I used to be *grins*, aside from the fact that it is not hosted for free. It was my first ever blog, and the time, effort and love that I had invested will never be measure by any financial means, but, practicality plays a vital role here, I heart that baby a lot but I just can't plunge in halfhearted and unsure, that just spells failure. I need to think it through, hoping that my loyal readers, subscribers and followers will still be there when and if I decided to blog again.
I'm also thinking of having my own domain name if ever I revived it, obviously, as it is in hiatus, its ranking and links will decrease and soon be lost totally so changing the URL won't have that much of an effect anymore. I visited FatCow's website a few days ago and I am more than satisfied with the fatcow ratings, the price is budget friendly and the services is blogger-friendly, a win-win deal, if I may say so.
If I only have a thinking chair...
Sunday, January 9, 2011
by Maya Angelou
The free bird leaps
on the back of the win
and floats downstream
till the current ends
and dips his wings
in the orange sun rays
and dares to claim the sky.
But a bird that stalks
down his narrow cage
can seldom see through
his bars of rage
his wings are clipped and
his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing.
The caged bird sings
with fearful trill
of the things unknown
but longed for still
and is tune is heard
on the distant hillfor the caged bird
sings of freedom
The free bird thinks of another breeze
an the trade winds soft through the sighing trees
and the fat worms waiting on a dawn-bright lawn
and he names the sky his own.
But a caged bird stands on the grave of dreams
his shadow shouts on a nightmare scream
his wings are clipped and his feet are tied
so he opens his throat to sing
The caged bird sings
with a fearful trill
of things unknown
but longed for still
and his tune is heard
on the distant hill
for the caged bird
sings of freedom.
I have been blogging for, at least, two years now, well, I'm kind of an inconsistent blogger so if you wanna be technical about it, I guess it will lessen the time frame *grins*, and because I am not as serious as I should be in this blogging business, my earning is almost nil *chuckles*, don't get me wrong, I love blogging, writing my thoughts and everything, it's just that I lack the dedication that most bloggers have, yeah, yeah, boo on me. In my years (or not) of blogging, I think, I only got one paycheck from an ad network, which was, unfortunately, stolen from the post office, I know, I know, I have the worst luck, ever. So anyway, I almost had the opportunity to deal with company checks and bask in the glory of my hard-earned money but fate and that thief had other plans. So for this year, one of my grand plan is to reach another payout in that ad network, which will need a lot of work and tons of perseverance, as I only have 15 dollars on my account at the moment, but hey, I got the whole year to reach that hundred mark *grins*.
So yeah, that's a sad story for you *lol*... did you pick up my good news though, I kind of, in my own way, telling you, my friends, that I plan on working on being a good and earning blogger, so wish me luck.
Hahaha, sorry, I just can't let this one pass. I know that it's kinda disrespectful to the Pambansang Kamao's mom, but seriously, this is too darn funny.
I meant no offense though, it's all for laughs. Peace out...
And yeah, credit to the one who made it, i don't know who, I just found this one floating in the world wide web :)
Labels: Public Matters
Saturday, January 8, 2011
I thought I should do this, you know, to welcome the new and shoo the old away, hahaha, but now that I'm starting it, I have mix feelings in continuing so... you see, 2010 was a miss for me, not my year, as in totally. Oh well, life is what we make it, so I'm so not blaming the year, I should blame me but what kind of looser blame themselves, I'd rather put the bulk of it all onto someone's shoulder, I just need to find that someone, hahaha.
Anyways, 2010 started pleasantly, I remember celebrating the new year with my family with lots of food and fireworks, our business also made tons at that time, so it was pretty nice. I guess, the first two months of the last year was the calm before the storm, when March came, I snapped, depression kicked in, and withdrawal from society was my symptom, it was fun being alone and undisturbed in my own world for a while but now that I'm over it, I just made my mess messier, if I could turn back time, I definitely would. I lived for myself for several months, alone in my room with my laptop and paperbacks, I only ate when I feel like I was dying with hunger, I only went to pee and stuff when I can't hold it in anymore, I only took a bath or shower when I'm beginning to itch, I seldom sleep and just for a few hours and I don't talk to people, no conversations, no phone calls, no chats, as in I cut myself from the world, I did talk to my husband and son, once in a while, when I had the urge or I badly needed to. I, basically, created and live in my own small world where there is no problems, no troubles, no pains and tears, no sadness, just me and my fictions and Korean addiction; a world where thinking is not a must, where dwelling on reality is forsaken, some place a coward like me needs to live. I don't intend to give in details the havoc that I run from and the bigger havoc my fleeing caused, but I'm telling you, it is deep shit.
Life is a bitch and it just slapped me with a confrontation, and though I'm trying to get over it, I am still reeling from the fact that I had been bitch slap, I'm not drowning myself in misery here, I'm just really stunned with what life gives, I was unprepared and I suffered and still suffering the consequences of it. Fortunately, I now have my sane head back on my (not so beautiful) body, I will walk this through, and hopefully this year, life won't be as much a bitch as she was last year, come on a little loving from the world will be much appreciated.
So that was 2010 for me, now I'm wishing for a better, brighter, happier 2011...
Cheers to the new year and my new life!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Labels: Favorite Pastimes
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Hello everyone, I know what you're all thinking, that I'm back again but I'll be gone again soon, well, it could be, though I hope not and I won't even go the usual path of saying I'm back coz I'm not usually true to the word and I know that you're all tired of hearing it, but hey, I'm back, hahaha.
I just want to greet everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year, I'm a few days late but my wish still counts, right? How's your 2011 so far? Mine is a wreck, I ended my year with an awakening, not that I woke up, I'm still snoring here *grins*, but life can really be a b1tch, that's a fact. Anyways, I don't plan on rambling on my first post, and so I won't dwell on my sad life story, maybe on my second post then *giggles*. Seriously, may we all have a better and brighter year, I hope year of the rabbit, will give me some lovin', I know I deserve some, oh yeah, you too!
2011 be good to me...