Monday, February 28, 2011
Okay, let me explain, I watched Willie Revillame's new variety/game show in channel 5 last Saturday, no, I don't live in a rock anymore, I've read and heard about it and have taken glimpses of the show but as I don't really like him that much, I just didn't give a damn. I haven't favor the man since forever, I just don't find the kindness that people see in him nor the sense of humor that others seems to notice, I find him lacking as a comedian and as a host, I even find him a hypocrite as a person, feeling ko fake lang lang lahat ng ginagawa nya, he's just there for the money and for fame. Anyways, I'm not giving my insight on the person but on the show so let's move on, shall we?
Willing-Willie is just like your usual Filipino variety/game show, the format is very similar, it even border to exactly the same, with his defunct noontime show in another channel, the hosting styles, not just of Mr. Revillame but of everyone, is exactly the same. There's nothing new, nothing arouse my senses as a viewer, it's actually dry and so cliche, you won't waste your time if you're not a fanatic nor a curious being.
But I see the show as something where people who are looking for easy money and that instant hope can run to and be happy for a while. I may come out strong or bitchy but I always believe that working hard for something you want will make the outcome better, I mean being rich because you work your arse off will make you stronger and wiser than if you just won in a lottery and became an instant millionaire, right? Easy come, easy go...
I still think that the show is playing with people and the masses in return play the show, should we actually believe everything what those contestants say?
I may not like but many do, so I'll just let them be, we're in a free country and as long as we live in harmony, I'm all for it.
Labels: Public Matters
Saturday, February 26, 2011
I was out of the online world for a couple of days so I had my fair share of TV time and that's where I found out about Maria Aragon and her viral video. The girl has a powerful voice and she doesn't have any music background whatsoever, all she has is raw talent, attagirl!
Is it safe to say that the Filipinos will soon dominate the international music scene *grins*?
Labels: Favorite Pastimes
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
I had no internet connection since Sunday, it resumed afternoon today, it seems like a glitch in our connection happens every quarter or so, it's now a regular occurrence, I'm not bothered by it anymore. I still think about the income that the computer shop loss everyday that we are close, as well as my daily blogging duties, and of course, my daily dose of Cityville and Gourmet Ranch but I won't risk additional lines on my forehead, I'll just let PLDT be *grins*.
Wonder what I did these past few days? The previous times that our connection got severed with reasons unknown still, I always almost died of boredom and full dose of nonsense TV, but this time, it was different. I focused all my energy in cleaning, yes I did, I washed every washable stuff that I got a hold off, we did some much-needed general cleaning in the computer shop, I did some cleaning and re-designing in my son's playroom, it's always been a pretty mess but as I had some time, I tried making it more pretty and less messy *grins*, now all it needs are some Cheap Blinds and it'll be a whole new room, kidding, it'll be the same, old playroom, just a little bit lay low.
I'm not done yet, but with the internet connection back, I wonder when I'll be through...
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Here's the second batch of photos of the marching bands that participated when we celebrated the feast of our patron saint last January. I posted the first batch a while back and it kinda took long before I had this one up because, truthfully, I kinda forgot about it already *grins*, old age is really catching up fast on me.
Note: My bad, I must have changed the settings of my photo upload, I just realized that it is smaller than the usual and when I checked it is set to medium-sized but as I am not that dedicated and patient to do it all over again, just bear with it okay, I promise to enlarge it next time.
Labels: Family First
I have a secret to tell, I created a new blog, technically, it's a new food blog *grins*, I was torn between re-opening my old one and building a new one but after contemplating on it, I decided on the latter. As most of you may know, my first baby is hosted at a paid blogging platform, it's not much but why pay for something when you can have it for free, right? Aside from that principle, weird and wicked as it may sound, I am also playing with the idea of having my own domain, I'm kinda getting envious of those other bloggers who are working with their own domains, it's like they already have their own brand, I want one too! And I almost did, I found out that you can purchase a domain straight here in Blogspot, they'll gonna do everything after you made the purchase, so it is as easy as 1,2,3 but just when I was ready to take the plunge, they throw me back to my starting point - they don't accept Paypal, only major credit cards and it sucks because I just cut off my last card, I'm done with temptation and all, so I got rid of my last credit card last October, what a complication. So now, I am back at zero, I'm kinda contemplative on getting a domain name on other sites as I am afraid of all the technical work that I have to do, more than being lazy by nature, I am not as computer or techie savvy as the next blogger. Hmm, what to do, what to do...
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
It isn't a secret that my son's vision is impaired, I think, since he was born, we found it out a little too late when he was four, well, he had been showing signs of it but I guess, we were trying to run away from it, thinking that not dwelling on the fact will make it go away, unfortunately it didn't. The time we brought him to the eye doctor, his right eye was almost lazy, luck is still on our side because we made it at the nick of time. He has been wearing prescription glasses since he's four, he had punctured, wrecked and destroyed a number of eyewear, he's still a kid, so I can't really blame him but the cost of having a change in eyeglasses almost every quarter is quite draining on the budget, and children-sized frames are even more expensive than that of regular ones. But what can I do, my son needs eyeglasses like he needs his clothes, his right eye even worsen with lense grade reaching to 450 from its previous 300, he used to wear a 300-300 lense, now, it is a 450-300 lense, I just hope it stays like so if it can't be downgrade anymore *sigh*.
I'm trying to be more strict on his viewing and reading activities and ways, even his time with the PC is lessened, I hope by doing these little steps, I am helping him have a better vision, if not, I guess, laser is our last choice. I talked to some people and they said that laser treatment is now cheaper here in the Philippines, it still cost as much as 35 thousand but it is an enormous difference from its previous 100k mark. If I chant money come to me, will it come?
Monday, February 14, 2011
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? tacos and nachos, hihi
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? mostly procrastinate
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? none
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? sometimes
5. Is religion a crutch? nope
6. In your region, what is the “big” high school sport? basketball
7. Do you consider yourself rich? nope, i'm dirt poor
8. Which of these would you have the best chance administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
*** I'll take B
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
*** swing, i just think it's groovy *grins*
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone? granny's death
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. that there are two kinds of people we meet along the way, some stays, other lingers but eventually fades away.
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? I don't care-eh-eh-eh
Have a great week ahead!
Friday, February 11, 2011
An aunt who works in Dubai for as long as I remember is going to be retiring soon, I think she had save all the money that she needs, all the properties that she wants and all the luxuries that she dreams of. One major downside of her richness though is that she remained unmarried, I guess, she focus much on her career that she had forgotten about her lovelife, I still wish that one of these days a man that will make her heart skip will come but at her age, I am not holding my breath. She always reiterates that she's happy, that being eternally single is a personal choice but there are times that I wonder if she meant all the crap she's feeding us. I mean, does a woman really feels complete without falling in love or bearing a child, before any feminine activist groups throw me to the sea, I wanna say that it's just a personal thought, I suffered heartaches and pains but I don't think I'll ever regret falling in love nor will I ever exchange my son and that feeling of being a mother for any great treasures in the world. Maybe, aunt is right, it is a matter of choice, one's personal preference. I just wish her happiness in whatever way or whatever form it may come.
At the moment, a house is being build for her (on her share of inheritance), and she's going all the way on the expenses, she wants it grand, I'm telling you. I haven't been out of our house for a while so I can't say how her mansion looks right now or how it would look when it's done but I bet it'll be beautiful. I heard the elders' chitchats and it seems to be better that the one an uncle built when he decided to stop working as a seaman, I also heard that the contractors and my aunt are still undecided on whether to have a Laminate flooring install or not. Hearing those talks makes me wonder how much aunt makes in a month and how much did she saved in her years of work for her to splurge that much now. If I pursue my career and didn't opt to be a housewife and fulltime mom, would I be as successful as her?
Aaah, my lost list of ifs and whens...
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Hello *waves*, it's been more than a week, so you'll forgive me for doing another random post right? I just can't help it, posting in random is quite soothing...
- So P.Noy is 51 and he's still single, we should give him a little break so he can have a lovelife and settle down soon, paano nya pa maipagpapatuloy ang lahi nila, nag-iisang lalaki pa naman.
- Former National Defense secretary Angelo Reyes shot himself in the chest last Tuesday morning, his attempt for an easy way out of the mess in AFP, and I think, he succeeded *sigh*.
- What's up with Sharon Cuneta and Hayden Kho, kaloka sila ha. Haven't you noticed, the megastar's always involve in a controversy these past few months. Kung gaano sya katahimik dati, super warla nya naman ngayon, ano ba yan?
- Lindsay Lohan's under the public scrutiny yet again, did she really stole that necklace, I don't follow Hollywood gossip so I don't really know, I was just shocked to found out that Lohan have another crime under her belt.
- Dwarfina, Machete and I heart You Pare makes my night viewing a pleasure, hahaha. Jologs na kung jologs basta I like. I like Dwarfina coz everything is super cute, I hate the lead actor in Machete but I adore Bella Padilla so I'm watching it because of her, Dingdong Dantes was/is my ultimate crush, so go figure, hahaha.
- Did you watch Baker King last night, the Tagalized version, Melissa gave Taek Gu a block of tofu and urged him to eat it saying "para bumait ka," does tofu brings out the goodness on individuals, if it does, I need to double my intake of tofu *lol*.
- Love is in the air, thank goodness, I'm on respirator, bwahahaha!
Labels: Personal Stories
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Aaah, it has been a while, last I did this meme was last year, you know, with me getting crazy and all. It might have been fated that the day I came back, the topic is about movies, have I told you that I am a movie junkie, well, I used to be *grins*. For this week's Ten on Tuesday, 10 Favorite Oscar Winning Films.
- The Sound of Music - one of the most memorable movies of my childhood, I think I've watch and re-watch it a hundred times or more.
- Casablanca - if you had watch this movie and didn't fell in love with it, I think something's wrong with you *lol*.
- Gone With The Wind - I've seen this when I was in college and it was love at first watch, who could ever get over the line, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." I know I couldn't, it's one of the best movie quote, ever.
- Rocky - my favorite movie when I was in elementary, my father used to worship Sly Stallone, I guess, it rubbed on me a little coz I still have the Rocky series collection *grins*.
- Dances With Wolves - It's Dances With Wolves, do I need to explain further?
- Forrest Gump - I love, love the actor and the character and the story is a killer, what else do you need? Except for a soda and popcorn, that is.
- Braveheart - I can't remember how many buckets of tears I shed watching this movie, and I watched it a million times over and I cry every time, I'm such a wuss sometimes.
- Shakespeare In Love - I have no idea why I love it, I just do, okie dokie.
- Gladiator - this one is one of the top movie of all time in my book, it's just awesome, I also like 300 but it's not an Oscar awardee *pouts*.
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - I wish Harry Potter could be on the list, too, not that I'm not happy with Lord of the Ring's position, it just crossed my mine, teehee.
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
The Feast of San Roque was celebrated here in Navotas a week ago and aside from the food, night market, and church events, a fluvial parade and a land parade was held. We weren't able to watch the fluvial parade as we were not aware of the time it was done but we were able to catch the traditional parade a day before the actual feast. It was not as grand and as glamorous as the previous year but it was fun to watch nonetheless. Below are some of the marching bands that participated in the event, I think I have a few more in my file but I'll do it in series to avoid flooding of photos.
Unfortunately, I can't tell and pin point which is which, just like you, I can only distinguish one from the other through their uniforms, sorry. But know that, all of them are great, imagine walking that long, carrying and playing their various music instruments while the majorettes perform every stop, and still be able to smile. They're all worth the wait.
Labels: Family First
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Cheers to all of us thieves!
68. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TV SHOW? none in particular
69. WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE THAT YOU DON'T LIKE? ignore and try to stay out of their way...
70. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? mangoes and cream
71. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? yup
72. SO IS IT GOING TO BE THE STEELERS OR THE PACKERS? packers, i think
73. PLANS FOR TONIGHT? none, we're going to bed early, it's a monday tomorrow :(
74. WHERE DO YOU WANT TO LIVE WHEN YOU RETIRE? scotland or greece
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS? why not?
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO? nothing
77. LAST THING YOU DRANK? iced tea
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? a resort telemarketer
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE SEX(ES) YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO? dimples, smile
80. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME? read, surf the net
81. FAVORITE THING TO HATE? cockroaches
82. FAVORITE SEASON OF THE YEAR? winter
83. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF CANDY? chocolates
84. HAVE YOU EVER REALLY AND TRULY HAD A BEST FRIEND? i think so :)
85. WHAT IS YOUR HAIR COLOR? black
86. EYE COLOR? dark brown
87. SHOE SIZE? 7
88. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? none
89. FAVORITE RESTAURANT? none
90. DO YOU LIKE SUSHI? nope
91. WATCH TV TODAY? yes, an afternoon variety show
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR? friday
93. PLAY ANY MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS? nope
94. POLITICAL PARTY? none
95. KISSES OR HUGS? hugs
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE NIGHT STANDS? relationships
97. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT? food/groceries
98. WOULD YOU EVER BE A HOUSE SPOUSE? i am at the moment, hehe
99. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? none at the moment
100. DESCRIBE YOUR LOVE LIFE: pandemonium
Have a great week ahead everyone!
I got the shock of my life when I logged in today and checked on my blog, Grace of Pinoy Working Mom bestowed on me, err, my blog an award I never ever expected, imagine me, flashing a Stylish Blogger Award... me, teehee. To Grace, you just don't know how happy I am, it's been ages since my last blog award and with the way I am blogging and un-blogging right now, it really is a pleasant surprise and a great motivator, again, my deepest gratitude and appreciation *hugs tight*.
You want an award, you gotta follow the rules:
- Thank and link back the person/s who gave me this award
- Share 7 things about myself
- Award 15 great bloggers I know
- Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Seven things about myself:
- I am a sucker for drama, specially Korean dramas, hahaha.
- I love to pig out and do random food tripping.
- I love to read, as in I think I was born to read all the literary works of this time.
- I would like to think that I am a very brave person but I am seriously scared of flying cockroaches.
- I write fan fictions, hehe.
- I stayed away from Facebook for a long time only to sucked back in through the help of Cityville and Gourmet Ranch.
- I was an activist when I was in college ("Makibaka, wag matakot!").
And I'm passing the awards to the first 15 bloggers who wants it and doesn't received it yet, go and get it peeps. Cheers to us all!
Labels: Blogging Particulars
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Today's meme is Viral Video Day!
Simply post a viral video to share with the rest of us and give it a great subtitle.
(No, this is not the music on a Monday meme.)
And because I love them, you all should to, that's my POV, hurhur. I'm sharing a great MV of JoongBo/Ssangchu, hope you enjoy watching it at least a quarter of how much I do *grins*.
So, it's true, I've been hearing about this since day one of the new year, from friends who live in Cebu and in the surrounding cities and provinces, but I was kind of not taking them seriously as the logical choice for a Bruno Mars concert should be Manila, right? And hearing that one is taking place in Cebu, though it is the queen city of the south without one here in the metro, sounds suspicious in my book, hahaha, yeah, I'm that tainted. Anyway, that's all water under the bridge, as it is now confirmed, Bruno Mars will set foot in our country.
Bruno Mars is a Filipino-American pop/R&B singer who popularized the song Billionaire and Just The Way You Are (I think every living soul here in the Philippines knows the song well) will be here in Manila for his concert on April 7 at the Waterfront Hotel in Cebu City and on April 8 at the Araneta Coliseum. I heard Marvin Agustin's Futurentertainment Inc. is co-producing the show (is this a new fad, actors/actresses having their own entertainment companies?).
Lower Box: P4,980
Upper Box A: P3,500
Upper Box B: P2,500
Gen. Admission: P800
(add an additional 6% tax on all ticket prices)
I mentioned in a previous post that I recently got back on the Entrecard bandwagon, do you remember? I was even ecstatic that I dropped 300 on both my blogs, though, the other one is as good as dead, but now, just a few days later, Entrecard is giving me a huge headache.
Labels: Blogging Particulars