Monday, February 28, 2011

Willing-Willie, My POV

Okay, let me explain, I watched Willie Revillame's new variety/game show in channel 5 last Saturday, no, I don't live in a rock anymore, I've read and heard about it and have taken glimpses of the show but as I don't really like him that much, I just didn't give a damn. I haven't favor the man since forever, I just don't find the kindness that people see in him nor the sense of humor that others seems to notice, I find him lacking as a comedian and as a host, I even find him a hypocrite as a person, feeling ko fake lang lang lahat ng ginagawa nya, he's just there for the money and for fame. Anyways, I'm not giving my insight on the person but on the show so let's move on, shall we?

Willing-Willie is just like your usual Filipino variety/game show, the format is very similar, it even border to exactly the same, with his defunct noontime show in another channel, the hosting styles, not just of Mr. Revillame but of everyone, is exactly the same. There's nothing new, nothing arouse my senses as a viewer, it's actually dry and so cliche, you won't waste your time if you're not a fanatic nor a curious being.

But I see the show as something where people who are looking for easy money and that instant hope can run to and be happy for a while. I may come out strong or bitchy but I always believe that working hard for something you want will make the outcome better, I mean being rich because you work your arse off will make you stronger and wiser than if you just won in a lottery and became an instant millionaire, right? Easy come, easy go...

I still think that the show is playing with people and the masses in return play the show, should we actually believe everything what those contestants say?

I may not like but many do, so I'll just let them be, we're in a free country and as long as we live in harmony, I'm all for it.

2 comments:

Lainy said...

I don't like him either. I find him rude in the boobtube. No finesse at all. As for the show, tama ka. Walang pinagkaiba. It's a typical variety show. Nothing new.

Cely said...

I agree with you. He's just there for fame and money. I don't find anything in his show that made me laugh nor made me sympathize with his audience who wanted easy money.I just can't believe how many of our kababayans have already forgotten the dignity of labor that our forefathers taught us.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love, I appreciate it much!

Sponsors

Blog Finds

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 25 October 2009.

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

Whimzy Widgets

Check Google Page Rank
 

The Snoring Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates