Friday, February 11, 2011

An aunt who works in Dubai for as long as I remember is going to be retiring soon, I think she had save all the money that she needs, all the properties that she wants and all the luxuries that she dreams of. One major downside of her richness though is that she remained unmarried, I guess, she focus much on her career that she had forgotten about her lovelife, I still wish that one of these days a man that will make her heart skip will come but at her age, I am not holding my breath. She always reiterates that she's happy, that being eternally single is a personal choice but there are times that I wonder if she meant all the crap she's feeding us. I mean, does a woman really feels complete without falling in love or bearing a child, before any feminine activist groups throw me to the sea, I wanna say that it's just a personal thought, I suffered heartaches and pains but I don't think I'll ever regret falling in love nor will I ever exchange my son and that feeling of being a mother for any great treasures in the world. Maybe, aunt is right, it is a matter of choice, one's personal preference. I just wish her happiness in whatever way or whatever form it may come.

At the moment, a house is being build for her (on her share of inheritance), and she's going all the way on the expenses, she wants it grand, I'm telling you. I haven't been out of our house for a while so I can't say how her mansion looks right now or how it would look when it's done but I bet it'll be beautiful. I heard the elders' chitchats and it seems to be better that the one an uncle built when he decided to stop working as a seaman, I also heard that the contractors and my aunt are still undecided on whether to have a Laminate flooring install or not. Hearing those talks makes me wonder how much aunt makes in a month and how much did she saved in her years of work for her to splurge that much now. If I pursue my career and didn't opt to be a housewife and fulltime mom, would I be as successful as her?

Aaah, my lost list of ifs and whens...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love, I appreciate it much!

Sponsors

Blog Finds

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 25 October 2009.

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

Whimzy Widgets

Check Google Page Rank
 

The Snoring Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates