Sunday, July 3, 2011

PNoy's First Year

Our president, Benigno 'Noynoy' Aquino III, had celebrated his first year anniversary as the main figure in Philippine government last week with an address done in some sports complex somewhere in the city (sorry, I forgot the place) and because of that, another not-so-good innuendo is added to the long list of negative remarks on him and his administration *sigh*.

Okay, first of, I am not politically-inclined, aside from my rebellious stint during my college days, I had nothing on my wing that will fall under the term politics, unless, being an officer on class organizations and school clubs counts *grins*. Anyway, I only hear news when I want to and when I'm able but I can say that I knew at least what is necessary to make a post like this.

On Pnoy being the president and the number of demands people are asking from him and the number of preposterous claims and talks about his non-activity and his failure as a president. Here's my two cents - sad as it may sound, most of us Filipinos voted him because he is an Aquino, the only son of Ninoy and Cory, add to the fact that Madam Cory died a few months before the campaign and election, making it easier for him to capture the hearts of melodramatic PNoy. I voted for Noynoy. first because I think of all the candidates at that time, he is the most capable and trustworthy, second, I also vie on the fact that he is the son of two key political figures, I was hoping that he wouldn't tarnish the reputation and honor that his parents have and protected. And he didn't fail me, one year has gone by but I never heard of any graft and corruption that involves him, or any abuse of power. Oh yeah, don't give me the Porsche bull, it's his money, he is rich even before he became the president so I am sure he is more than capable of paying for that.

About people's remarks that he wasn't able to do anything, oh come on, what do you think of him, a superhero, you think he can clean up all the messes that was left on his shoulders by the past administrations, give the man a break, he's loosing precious hairs for God sake. I mean, him being in position, him doing his best, him picking up the crumbs and pieces of what was left of the political institution that the past administration trampled and ruined, him giving hope to the then hopeless Pinoys, isn't that an achievement enough. I know it's not much, I know we want more, but he is just human, just like we are, yes he is the president but he doesn't have any supernatural or magical powers that a snap of a finger or a wave of a wand will do wonders. Patience my friends, I think, no, I believe, he is doing his best.

Go PNoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving some love, I appreciate it much!

Sponsors

Blog Finds

Disclosure Policy

This policy is valid from 25 October 2009.

This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.

Whimzy Widgets

Check Google Page Rank
 

The Snoring Queen | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates